Monday, June 1, 2009

What Should We Expect?


This postseason has been one to remember with some of the series that we have had. The Celtics-Bulls was one for the ages. The Celtics-Magic was a good one as well. The Cavs swept their first two series to get run out of the gym by Orlando in 6 games. The Lakers-Rockets was an up and down series that ended in 7 games. The Nuggets-Lakers was an intense series with the better team coming out on top. To go along with the games that were played, it seemed to me that there was a lot of dirty play. There were a lot of flagrant fouls as well as technicals that were given out, and that even led to a few suspensions.

The Finals are finally here and it consists of two teams no one thought would meet in the Finals. A lot of people expected the Cavs or Celtics out of the East, but no one the Magic. Almost everyone expected to see the Lakers and thats what they get. So it comes down to two teams. The best in the West and the beasts in the East. If we base this series off what happened in the regular season then the Magic win in a 4 game sweep as they were 2-0 during the season. Not so fast, the Magic are good, but the Lakers are better.

The Magic are a team that live and die by the three. It seems to me that if they dont make more than ten a game then they dont win. Clevelands downfall was their defense and lack of scoring. The Lakers do both of those things better. The Lakers are taller and have a way of guarding Lewis and Pietrus. The Magic are going to struggle to make the threes like they have been. Also the Magic dont really have anyone that can guard Kobe. If they couldnt guard LeBron, then they are not going to be able to guard Kobe as well.

The Lakers are by far the better team and more experienced. The Magic are young and this year is just not their turn. Give them a few years and they will be a dynamite team in the NBA on a year to year basis. I grew up a Magic fan, but when Shaq left, so did my love for them. I was a huge Dwight Howard fan, but he has lost some of my respect for the way that he plays. I am not much of a Lakers fan, but I hope that they can pull it out. I dont think that this series is going to be as close as people think. My prediction is that the Lakers win in 5 games. It is kind of a stretch, but they do have Kobe and experience and someone that can guard Howard.

Good luck to both teams and may the best team win.

5 comments:

megara said...

I think Magic could end up being the dark horse in this 2009 championship. Howard seems juiced, and full of energy... for some reason the Lakers look a little tired to me.

Britt said...

I agree with you about Howard.

If Odom and Bynum show up, the Magic don't have a prayer.

Adam said...

I fear that you are correct. However, I really hope the Magic win the series because that would give hope to non-dynasty teams like the Jazz. Also, I'm praying for a fight between the two teams. I'd really like to see Howard fight Odom and I don't really care who hits Gasol as long as someone does. We shall see. Go Magic!!!

megara said...

hahaha - i want a fight too!!

Chandler said...

I'm glad I am not the only one thinking the Magic can pull this off. Its going to be a great series. Howard must stay out of foul trouble if the Magic want to have a chance.